Wednesday 6 February 2008

why craft : sharing + inspiration

One thing I've noticed since I've started this research is that I've been spending more time buying fabric, yarn and planning what I will make next. Of course, this is a bit unfortunate, as this MA will surely eat into my time I have to spend doing such things... but it's not an insurmountable problem!

I have also noticed that I'm tending to focus more on craft that digital in this blog, so I thought I would try to bring the two together in this post.

One reasons why I have an increased urge to create is the inspiration derived by seeing other people's work whilst researching this project.

The web allows people to share their creations to a wider audience and across larger geographical areas than ever before, exposing the work of many home crafters to a potentially vast audience. Seeing other people's creations inspires and a virtuous circle is created.

No comments: